21 January 2012

Week 51 "Theme"

You all really seemed to enjoy one layer, birds last week,  as we had another bumper week. Thank you.
One layer is certainly a breeze for you all now and many of you even enjoying it. Maybe it will take over the world!
We also have now tipped 1200 folllowers! Amazing.

Onto this week and it's theme time, we have chosen
"Cut it Out"
For this we would like to see some kind of hole or aperture in your card!

Here are our samples


I made a 6x6" card from white hammer card, then cut an aperture from the centre of the front flap, with a heart die. This particular die is Nellie Snellen Multi Frames Dies Hearts.  I used the very plain die from this fab set. I printed Wedding day in Scriptina font which I'd previously printed onto ivory paper from a wonderful set by Pink Petticoat Vintage Rose I used the big roses background in Blossom for one and Ocean for the other. As the paper is ivory I punched daisies from ivory card in 2 sizes. Placing them, I did the top and bottom first, so that I kept the shape and put pearls in the centres to finish. I will put close-ups on my personal blog here 

  Chrissie

This is a stamp by Tanda very much in the style of Rennie Mackintosh. The circle element seemed perfect for making an aperture and as luck would have it, one of my circular Nesties was the perfect size.
Here is the technique I used in order to cut out just part of the circle and leave the lady's image intact.
  • Cut around the edge of the image within the circle with a craft knife, continuing just past the edge of the circle.


  • Place the die in position,  under the cut out section of the image.
  • Run the card through your die cutting machine.
  • The whole image was cut out with a rectangular Nestie adjusted to fit the frame of the image, as in a previous tutorial.
The image was coloured with Distress inks and the pink sections glittered with Glamour Dust.

This one has a die cut, rectangular aperture, which has been decorated with a Martha Stewart flower border and additional, matching, Woodware punched flowers. The butterflies are from Dienamics and Marianne Creatables, again with a little added Glamour Dust. The computer generated sentiment is in Passions Conflict ROB font and mounted on an oval Nestie diecut.
There are a few more aperture cards on my personal blog, one using no dies to make the aperture!.
We look forward to see your wonderful creations.



35 comments:

  1. Wow fabulous samples ladies looks fun will try to play this week have some birthday cards to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards,thanks for the tip on cutting out part of the circle. Off to get my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards girls and I love the "Theme" xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great theme!! I have to think about it, but I love the idea. I really admire the 3 ladies who already participated. WOW, so quick.
    I do love the cards in this post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I znów spore wyzwanie. Podziwiam zaangażowanie projektantek i rewelacyjne pomysły, które za każdym razem stanowią niezłe wyzwanie dla wszystkich. Uwielbiam tu się bawić.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More lovely cards girls, off for a think now :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards to inspire us ladies.....and another lovely challenge

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful inspiration ladies, thanks. I think this may be a good challenge, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Chrissie & Mandi - those cards are really inspirational & that is some challenge.
    Thank you for the method of cutting a partial aperture - very useful.
    Now off to check my stamps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeek! All right then... your cards are certainly inspirational! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie, that is SUCH a beautiful card. Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards ladies - and a super challenge too! I've had lots of fun thinking about it, and already there 25 cards loaded!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic inspiration and a challenge that's right up my street, Thank you,
    Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your cards - off to hae a think about my entry

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic challenge to get me rethinking my dies! (Which I have, and ended up not using any!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great challenge. Thanks for favoring me with the Showcase award. I am just giddy all over. I rather clumsily placed the badge on my blog. I so look forward to see what you gals come up with every Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used Nesties, but I cut it out! :) Thanks girls~ beautiful samples!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry girls
    i was very rude n forgot to comment, slap me legs, fab challenge, gorgeous cards as always, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ladies, Oh wow l see this as a brilliant new challenge and as always your cards are an inspiration to us all! nice to see lots of bloggers have taken the inititive and placed their own fabulous cards, it was a great way to use my new nesties that l recieved from my DIL at Christmas:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic theme! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for such a fun challenge this week LOVED CUTTING out an aperture

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous challenge....very creative too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great challenge...already looking forward to the next one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really enjoyed this challenge, especially starting my Christmas cards lol
    Margaret :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe all the creative work the card makers have made with this challenge...love it. I notice Margarets comments above me...don't laugh I'm already making my Christmas cards and now she given me food for thought. Thanks for the challenge ladies

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for a great challenge ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice different challenge and fabulous card examples from you both and some brilliant entries too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous inspiration, Chrissie and Mandi, thank you! Another very popular challenge this week with some super entries:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for a very challenging challenge!!! ;) I had tons of fun--your cards are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. everyone has done such lovely cards, so well done to all of you. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  31. And again a lot of beautiful cards. I feel dizzy when I watch them. They are all so beautiful. Again, I was able to play in such great company. Thank you for the CO-Creators - Mandi and Chrissi:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. so many lovely card, I missed this challenge, I will lift it

    ReplyDelete
  33. Haven't been able to comment on as many as I would have liked, but what a great selection of "holey" cards.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.